Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Book 10: Knuffle Bunny Too: A Case of Mistaken Identity


Mo Willems has a fascinating skill with the English language. His children’s books are clever, funny and smart. Knuffle bunny Too is an adorable book that I found especially relatable. Just as the main character, Trixie, I too always carried my stuffed animal with me whenever I could, so her story was especially fun for me. Willems’ book is easy for any child to enjoy and laugh with. His books have characteristic speech bubbles for his characters along with the text on the bottom, which I think adds another layer to the book, but doesn’t the text down in any way. The artwork in this book is unique and adds a lot to the overall story. Willems takes black and white photos of the setting and adds the cartoonish characters with pen and ink. The result is fantastic.

No comments: